Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mom & Tango Lessons

My mom hasn't danced freely on over 40 years and look at her now.


For past 40 years she dedicated herself to being a care giver/wife to my father that was struck with MS at such a young age (mid-20's).  Over those 40 years she was inspirational in helping my dad come to terms with his illness and live the best possible life they could.  She did a remarkable job and despite the challenges of being in a wheelchair, they traveled a great deal of the world.

As a caregiver it's not uncommon to lose sight of who you are as you become so focused on taking care of the other person.

My father recently passed away and I'm watching my mom reinvent herself.  At 67 she is taking up ballroom dancing (salsa, tango, the waltz) all fair game.

The plans both my dad and her to put together early on are allowing her not to worry about the day to day expenses but rather embark on the next journey for Margaret Fosse.  That journey most recently included going on a cruise with 40 friends from her dance class.  

Q: Are you setting your loved ones up for the future? Watch the video below:




Watch more Videos Here: https://vimeo.com/user37514114


No comments:

Post a Comment